Yorkies have always been the most popular toy dog breed among celebrities. As one of the smallest breeds, Yorkshire terriers can be carried around in handbags, and are often handled as accessories, despite their history as the toughest rat catchers in England.
There are so many celebrity yorkie owners out there that it will take several posts to enlist them, but let’s give it a try!
1. Audrey Hepburn – Let’s start with a classic! Audrey’s beloved yorkie was called Mr Famous. After his tragic death (he got hit by a car), he was replaced by Assam of Assam.
2. Britney Spears – Britney’s not just a bad mother, she was also elected as the Worst Dog Owner. Unfortunately for them, yorkies are one of her favorite breeds.
3. Paris Hilton – Speaking of the worst dog owners, Paris Hilton was also the owner of this title earlier. And she also likes yorkies. This one’s called Cinderella.
4. Natalie Portman – Let’s move on to a more likeable star. Natalie adopted her king-sized yorkie Whizz from a shelter.
5. Vanessa Williams – Vanessa’s dog Enzo was dognapped from his owner’s garden in 2007, but was luckily found later thanks to microchipping.
6. Gisele Bundchen – When her Yorkshire terrier Vida went missing in 2004, Gisele offered a reward of $5,000. However the couple who returned the dog got reported for dog theft at the police instead, and never got the reward.
to be continued…